(August 11, 2020)
EHS Support respects and upholds your right to privacy protection. EHS Support recognises applicable local laws and regulations and relevant data protection standards in respect of the collection, use, disclosure storage and transfer of personal information from individuals.
In the interest of protecting our employee’s health and discharging our duty of care to invitees to our premises, EHS Support may, during the COVID-19 Pandemic, collect and use additional sensitive personal information from our employees and visitors [to be specified if possible, e.g. such as whether they have flu-like symptoms, have been in contact with anyone infected with COVID-19, or travelled to a high-risk area]. Only the minimum necessary personal information reasonably necessary in order to prevent or manage COVID-19 in the workplace will be collected, used or disclosed. It will be managed in accordance with this policy and it will only be disclosed to the persons who need to have access to such personal information for the performance of their duties. The primary purpose for collection of that additional information is to ensure that necessary precautions are adopted in relation to that individual and any other individuals. Under most jurisdictions an exemption from any requirement for consent to collect and use is permitted in circumstances of serious threat to health or safety of an individual. EHS Support will comply with any specific COVID-19 guidance issued by a relevant regulator.
Overview of this Policy
1. When do we collect and store personal information?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you (either directly or indirectly), and may be collected directly from you, by a third party you have given consent to disclosing your personal information, or by a credit agency, government or statutory body.
We collect and store personal information (including names, telephone numbers, address, email address, occupation, education and qualifications, etc.) in a range of contexts, such as:
- when entering into relationships with new clients or potential clients
- when individuals apply for employment or other business opportunities with us
- when individuals register online for access to secure sites or collaboration services hosted
by EHS Support or third parties on behalf of EHS Support, and
- when we conduct surveys, community consultation, environmental and other studies as part of our business
2. What do we do with personal information?
We may use your personal information:
- to enable us to provide services to you or our clients
- to communicate information about our services
- for our internal administrative, planning, product development, marketing and research
- to consider the suitability of applicants for employment with us, which may be processed by third parties engaged to undertake pre-employment screening services, or for any other reason you allow or consent us to
As an example, one of the key objectives of EHS Support’s website is to provide information about who we are, what we do and our local and global professional capabilities. We may collect personal information to update our website and in order to provide relevant information about EHS Support, our services, our key people in our regions or our capabilities in a variety of contexts.
3. Reasons we may share or disclose your personal information
- to EHS Support group entities
- to other EHS Support offices
- in the course of your employment
- when passing information between EHS Support offices, credit, law enforcement, and government agencies, and professional services providers, if required, or
- with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested of us or authorised
- EHS is part of a global organisation. We may disclose your personal information to EHS Support offices in countries outside the country in which it was collected, if it is necessary for one of the purposes the information has been disclosed to us. For example, if you send us an application for employment in one country, we may send it to one of our offices in another country to consider whether that office may be in a position to offer you employment.
EHS Support employee personal information and employment/personnel records are stored securely and used in the jurisdiction in which it is collected and relevant to the particular EHS Support employee.
Your personal information is never shared, sold, rented or otherwise disclosed except if required by law or with your consent.
4. Marketing and communications
EHS Support is driven by a client-service led culture. For this reason, we may send marketing material or communicate information that we think may be relevant or of interest to you or your industry or provide you with details about our latest services that you may benefit from. At any time, you may opt-out of receiving any communications from us (other than as required for the operation of our business, for example, regarding payment of accounts) or change your marketing communication preferences.
Electronic marketing or communications material will have an “unsubscribe” link or contain instructions allowing you to opt-out or change your preferences. Alternatively, you can contact us directly about our marketing and communications by using the contact details below.
5. How do we use “cookies”, “logfiles” ,data analytics and other similar technology?
6. Links to third party websites
If you access or share information to websites linked to our website, the operators of those websites may collect your information in accordance with their own privacy policies that may differ to ours. You should review the privacy, “cookie” and other policies displayed on these websites to find out how your personal information may be used and stored.
7. Data security
We will take all reasonable steps and apply appropriate technical and organisational measures to maintain the security of any personal information we receive from you and protect it from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure or modification.
We use a variety of secure techniques to store and protect your information, including secure EHS Support IT systems and firewalls. Any digital transfer of personal information is secured using a range of security methods. EHS Support is constantly reviewing its information security technology and practices.
We will only keep your personal information when we consider it necessary for one of the purposes for which you have disclosed it. If it is no longer necessary to keep your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information safely, if required.
8. How can you access and correct information?
You may have a right in certain circumstances to request a copy of the personal information about you we may hold, request the removal of personal information from our records and to have inaccurate information changed or out-of-date information amended.
Please submit a request via the Contact Us link on our website, and we will respond to your request as required by applicable law.
For security reasons, we will ask you to verify your identity to ensure that we do not give information to the wrong person or change or remove your personal information without your express consent.
If there is no applicable legal or regulatory requirement for EHS Support to respond to your request, EHS Support will respond at its discretion.
9. Data breach notification
In the highly unlikely event of a data breach, EHS Support will act promptly to comply with applicable local laws. Where it is reasonably foreseeable that an individual will suffer as a result of a data breach, the relevant regulatory body and, where possible, the affected individual will be contacted without undue delay. This notification shall include the nature of the breach, the personal data possibly involved and measures taken to address the breach (including to reduce the harm of negative consequences), the contact details for whom affected individuals can obtain further information and details of any assistance being provided to affected individuals.
10. How to contact us
c/- Office of the Company Secretary PO Box 297
Port Melbourne, VIC, 3207
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact EHS Support LLC at email@example.com
Last modified: 8/11/2020